Monday, December 15, 2008

Mother Nature...Is She Crying Wolf?

Here we go again, more warnings of inclement weather, and they're not even predicting snow, just ice! I can't stand ICE! We even left work early today, because of patients cancelling their appointments. Tomorrow will probably be a repeat of today...ugh!
I hope we never go through another ice storm like we did back in 1994. Yes, we got out of school, and yes there was drama, but I will never forget how long we went without electricity and how cold we were. In Garland, we had no gas logs, nor gas anything. So, we would lie around in the dark covered in blankets, freezing to death. It took several days for us to get our electricity up and running again, due to being 8 miles outside of town. I can remember waking up to the sound of our weak pine trees cracking, splitting and popping, because of the weight of the ice. It sounded like a shotgun. In the end, the trees looked like giant sticks in the ground, no branches or anything. They were completely destroyed. They never looked the same and have been cut down now. Who knows what will happen tonight. Maybe she'll show and maybe she won't. Uh oh, Dave just said, she's a comin'!

post signature

1 comment:

Sommer and Robert said...

She sure isn't crying wolf up here. We got 13 inches last night alone, and it's still falling.