TEETHING?! At least that's what the doc says. Our Mills is 5 1/2 months old, and wouldn't ya know it, for the past week he has been eating everything in sight. Well, not literally, but is trying to. Last Tuesday, while eating his peas, he proceeds to grab the spoon from my hand, shove it in his mouth, and chew on it while exhibiting extreme pain. May I add that he DID NOT want his peas?! I could tell that something wasn't right. All I knew to do was grab the ora-gel or teething tablets and give them a "whirl." So, after application, and about 2 minutes of wait time, Mills ate his peas.I picked him up from Mimi June's on Thursday, only to learn that he had an explosive diaper. Normal? No! Runny? Yes! I know...TMI, but its the truth I tell you. Mills does a "bad job" usually only once a day, but that night, during dinner, he had another, and we woke up to another on Friday morning. Oh, and I forgot...he was also running a low grade temperature on Thursday night that was cured with a little Tylenol. And if you remember, E took M to the Dr. on Monday for stuffy nose, which has steadily gotten better each day with out meds. Hallelujah! Since then, his diapers have been "not so good" but we've had no more fever :) Just extreme fussiness and gnawing, and he doesn't like those teethers that you put in the fridge or freezer. He's happy one minute and screaming the next. Tonight, he had a melt down while Erik was trying to feed him his cereal and bananas. We have gone to a starchy diet instead of one that contains a lot of fibers in hopes that he'll quit making me change his sheets every morning...geez! Again..TMI. Good thing is...he's only gone his normal once a day, until tonight. Lets just say that bath time was extra early, before dinner and before his terrible melt down. Can we say screamer? I told E, "bedtime is coming early tonight!" I felt of his gums last week. I could still feel his alveolar ridge (sorry dental terminology...look it up yourselves), but yesterday morning when I checked again, his gums are "bumpy." He is drooling every where, and won't stop shoving his fists in his mouth. Also, his reflux has increased due to "swallowing excess saliva," says Dr. O. That's the only way I know how to explain it. There's definitely something going on in that little mouth of his, but when will Mr. Tooth appear? Two days? Two weeks? Two months? Who knows! This mommy and daddy are getting a bit impatient. Okay, not a bit, A LOT!

The love of our lives was born on 8.13.09 and is the light of our lives. Mills is our happy, busy, typical little boy, who never slows down. He is a huge fan of Moose and Zee, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse and loves playing with his "big-brother-dog," Joey. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at this precious miracle given to us by God and sit in awe.








2 comments:
Teething is such a booger bear! Good luck in finding just the right thing for little Mills. I hope he cuts that tooth soon (for him and for mommy's sanity!) By the way, He is such a beautiful baby! (incase you didn't know)lol!!
sometimes it takes a while. AB has been trying to cut 4 bottom teeth for about 3 weeks now--not sleeping good at night, drooling, chewing on her hands and wanting to bite. Her gums are hard and even white in places, but no tooth yet. This too shall pass... or should I say tooth.
Post a Comment