Monday, October 6, 2008

When I Grow Up

Tonight I just happened to be upstairs in Erik's "playroom" looking for a computer program. I did not find the computer program, but did happen to stumble upon some pictures that I haven't managed to put out yet. His room is still under construction, so there are still a few boxes unpacked in the corner. I just couldn't help but share them with you all! I just love these pictures! His mom gave them to me years ago, and I took them to have them enlarged and framed. She did ask for the originals back, but what proud mother wouldn't? They were taken with one of those older flashbulb cameras. Remember those? I sure do! Every time I look at them I see a child's dream come true. We all at some point during our childhood said, "When I grow up, I want to be a....!" Who hasn't? Rarely have any of us followed our dreams. I probably said that I wanted to be a dance teacher a thousand times, but in actuality, I don't think that would have ever happened. I don't have the patience! Just ask my husband and my mom! hehe!! I am very proud of Erik, and no one but a firefigher's wife, can explain what it is really like being a firefighter's wife.


Erik at the Covington Fire Dept. wearing his Uncle Sammy's turnouts, in front of Engine 1. (1983?)

Erik riding in Engine 1. Erik later drove Engine 1 when he was hired at CFD...the newer one of course (1983?)



Erik and his company at an apartment fire this year.

post signature

1 comment:

Christi said...

Okay, I just had a vision of a child that looks like him in the picture where he's inside the truck, but with your blonde-blonde hair! How adorable would that be!!!!