Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cheers to Rylee

Just a couple of months ago, Mom called me to tell me that our Rylee was wanting to tryout for cheerleading. I was excited, because so far, I'm the only one in our family who has been a cheerleader. Those of you who know me know that cheering was my "thing." My "thing" for 10 years to be exact. Yep! I cheered in elementary school, highschool, and in college. Dancing and cheering were the only two things that I felt completely confident about, but not only that, I LOVED them both. So far, no one else in our family has followed in my footsteps until now, and I couldn't be more proud of Miss Rylee.

In the past, (and I say past, because I am now 30 and have not one limber bone in my body), I have gone to several schools in West Tn. and judged tryouts, or just did some private critiquing for a few girls. So, Kelley wanted me to check out Rylee's skills before the big day. I met with her one afternoon at Mom's and she showed me so much more than I could help her with. I basically told Kelley that there was not a thing I could do for her. "She's good," I told her. You either have it or you don't is the way I tend to look at it. Well, she's got it! Hmmm, does she take after her cousin Amy? I couldn't be more proud-hehe!!!

This Thursday night I was able to see her and her cheer friends in action at the BMS basketball game. They did so many new cheers, and alot of old ones too. Later, they changed in to a different uniform for their half-time routine. The girls wore jerseys with numbers on them, but I couldn't figure out why the numbers were 13, 14, and 15?! Rylee's jersey....14! Well, it stands for the year she will graduate highschool. Wait a minute! She just got out of kindergarten and they are already discussing their graduation year? 2014 isn't that far away, so Rylee take some old advice from me. Enjoy your years ahead, because they go by too quickly. Don't wish them away. Listen to your parents. And....keep CHEERING your heart out! Love you!!!






post signature

1 comment:

Tina said...

Very Cool...

See, I'm learning about you...I didn't know you were a cheerleader!