Thursday, November 27, 2008

Home for Thanksgiving

One of my very best friends, Katy, and an old friend from high school, Landon, who just happened to be married to each other as a result of meeting again at our 10 year reunion, are home for Thanksgiving. I am too excited! I haven't seen them in about 3 months. Normally, when they come home, they claim our upstairs as their living quarters. We may as well just say that its their bedroom. Kelsey, their Australian Shepherd also comes with them. She is such a good girl! She and Joey are big buddies and play very well together. Well, almost. At times they really could care that the other one is in the same room.

Katy and Landon moved to Dickson in April of 2007, and before then she and I were together just about every day. I miss those days, but we all move on in life and God is always opening new doors for all of us. They married in April of this year. I am very happy for the both of them. What a match! They are very happy and I know they have enjoyed their 2 years together. I wish them many more years of happiness.

They arrived tonight after visiting with family and friends in Mason, and announcing a bit of new news....they're moving to Charleston, SC!!! I am a bit sad that they will be ALOT farther than just our normal 2 1/2 drive to Dickson, but I am very happy that they have been given the opportunity to spread their wings and try new things. Katy and I talk almost every morning on the way to work, and she just happened to remind me that they will an hour ahead of us. So, I guess its no more , "It's Monday," or "Good morning" chats for us. Sad, but true. Landon's job is taking him there for a couple of years, and hopefully they will be back in Tennessee after that. We'll see! Hmmm, I've always wanted to visit Charleston, and this may be my best way to get there. Road trip!!! Well, maybe a plane ride.- HA! I am a terrible car rider!



post signature

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I did not know they got married! You should make the trip to Charleston..it is so cute and lots of things to do! (make sure you stay downtown)