Here is our Joey!
Joseph Sanford Beasley d.o.b. 3/19/03
*Sanford was Joey's "birth last name" so we kept it in honor of our friends, The Sanfords
Joey is our 6 year old golden retriever. He was given to me on my 25 birthday by my wonderful hubby. I remember the day like it was yesterday. The story goes like this...
It was April 24, 2003. I had to be at school for a small project that morning, but was free for the afternoon. I had returned home to our little house on Fyfe Street around 10:00 that morning. Erik claimed that he had to run to the bank to see if his check had been deposited, so I stayed home enjoying the freedom of not having to study (for once). It was my birthday and so I was going to do whatever I wanted...nothing!
Erik had been gone an unusual amount of time for just "running to the bank," but I didn't really think twice about it. Finally he returned home. As he walked in the door, he was huffing and puffing. I asked, "What's wrong?" He said, "You're not going to believe this, but the console in my truck just broke! It has a major crack down the side of it!" I sat there wondering what in the world could have caused his console to break and thought it to be pretty weird, so I had to see for myself. We both walked outside and I opened the door to his truck, not to find a broken console, but the cutest 5 week old golden retriever puppy with a huge red bow around his neck. He was shaking scared! I grabbed him and was so excited. Tears were streaming down my face. No, literally, I was sobbing! He was the most precious thing I had ever seen. My friend Larissa's dogs had a litter of 10, and Joey was the first to go. Erik had picked him out because he was the lightest of the bunch. Now that he's older he has reddened quite a bit, but is still a beauty! Joey was our only child for 6 years, but is adjusting to being a big brother quite well. Here are some pictures...enjoy!

Joey was just 6 weeks old in this picture

Puppy mischief...chewing the azaleas (8 weeks old)
One of my favorite pictures of Joey...He loves snow! We had over a foot of snow this year and it was very hard for him to maneuver through. This is him leaping through the deepest snow we've had in years. It took all of his energy just to get through it.
<
Joey is the best dog ever and he's been our baby for a while. We are so proud of him for being patient with us as we adjust to our new little one. He's the best and our best friend.
THE END

The love of our lives was born on 8.13.09 and is the light of our lives. Mills is our happy, busy, typical little boy, who never slows down. He is a huge fan of Moose and Zee, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse and loves playing with his "big-brother-dog," Joey. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at this precious miracle given to us by God and sit in awe.








3 comments:
Aww, I love the puppy pics!! That one of him bounding in the snow is really neat.
Okay, call me crazy, but the puppy pics make me miss Daisy being a puppy. I don't miss the chewed up recliner and torn carpet, though :)
I love this post! And my favorite picture is the one of him sleeping on your bed! Oh, and the one where he's looking down at Mills! I know he'll be very protective of him.
Post a Comment