
This chair, the BEST chair in the world, has been a very lonely chair this week. This chair, has had little attention, all due to the fact that my baby boy no longer wants to be rocked to sleep. This chair, gave my baby boy and lots of bonding time every night as I would rock him every 2 hours for feedings and later on when I would put him down for an all nights sleep. This chair, is where we would sit, listen to lullabies, and read books every night. All though we still sit in this chair for story time, Mills wants to simply be kissed night night and put in his crib. He simply lays down and either plays for a few minutes, or rolls over and goes straight to sleep. He knows its his bed time, and we are very fortunate, but I will never get the late night bonding time back again. :( This chair is where I would sit, put Mills on his boppy, and rock him with this...
This bottle, and the other 11 bottles, have been washed, put up, and are on their way to a very lucky mom who will be giving birth to her precious baby in November. For the past 6 days, our Mills hasn't touched a bottle and I am so proud of him, but yet I am so very sad to see that he no longer needs me to rock him to sleep at night with it. I will miss those nights He is a 100% sippy cup user now and is doing great with it. The new stages that Mills is graduating too are all to awesome and amazing, and we couldn't be more proud, but for a mother, they are sad all in the same. I hope I'm not going to be this way when he starts potty training! LOL Imagine that. Sad over not wearing diapers anymore. Could it be? Surely not!
This bottle, and the other 11 bottles, have been washed, put up, and are on their way to a very lucky mom who will be giving birth to her precious baby in November. For the past 6 days, our Mills hasn't touched a bottle and I am so proud of him, but yet I am so very sad to see that he no longer needs me to rock him to sleep at night with it. I will miss those nights He is a 100% sippy cup user now and is doing great with it. The new stages that Mills is graduating too are all to awesome and amazing, and we couldn't be more proud, but for a mother, they are sad all in the same. I hope I'm not going to be this way when he starts potty training! LOL Imagine that. Sad over not wearing diapers anymore. Could it be? Surely not!
The love of our lives was born on 8.13.09 and is the light of our lives. Mills is our happy, busy, typical little boy, who never slows down. He is a huge fan of Moose and Zee, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse and loves playing with his "big-brother-dog," Joey. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at this precious miracle given to us by God and sit in awe.








1 comment:
Amy- I was very sad when my boys gave up the bottle (at the same age Mills has) and sad when they didn't care to be rocked to sleep. But I never looked back then we gave up the diapers, Ha! My guess is you won't either :) Don't worry- you have another year or two before that happens anyway :(
*you're such a good mommy :)
Post a Comment