Sunday, August 29, 2010

We've Adopted...

the Elf on the Shelf. I know it's only August, but what to do? This mom wants to use him this Christmas, but is in dilemma of a name. Should we use him nameless, and wait until Mills' is old enough to name him? Or....should we just go ahead, give him a name, and let it be? I know...Mills' won't have a clue, but its all in the fun, this little elf and the magic he'll do! A new tradition we'll start this year along with the first annual reading of The Night Before Christmas on New Years Eve. Christmas will be in here in 4 months. When does your elf usually arrive? I think "Ollie" is a good name, and Erik agrees, because it is short for "Oliver." What do you think?



post signature

3 comments:

Christi said...

The first time ours appeared was around the beginning of November, so that we could use it as a behavior monitor :) However, as Mills gets older, I don't recommend that early. Almost two months is a little too long to remember to move that little thing every night!

3 "A's" and a "B" said...

ours shows up on Thanksgiving night. I agree with Christi. It starts out easy remembering to move him. BUT we've had a few close calls that occurred in the morning while one of us distracts her! It does make Christmas special and a little more fun!

Elizabeth said...

Here is what I did- I named him and wrote a letter to Holden (at the time Rylan was not born) and told him all about him self (the elf Christian), his name, some funny little things that made him special and then on the day after Thanksgiving he appeared with the letter at the table. Each year I do the same thing. Our little elf always gets into a little trouble, so the boys think that is too funny. Enjoy it will be a fun tradition for you all.