Today was the big day for our first annual "Family" pumpkin carving. I usually carve a few each year, but this year was special, since we now have our Mills to help. Growing up, we carved a pumpkin every year. I always looked forward to it! I remember sitting at the kitchen counter, scooping out the nasty pumpkin guts, and "helping" my mom carve with the big stainless steel knife. These days, we don't use a knife. I opt for buying the pumpkin carving kits with the little saws which make things MUCH easier. We only carved 3 out of the 4 I had planned on doing today. This mama's hands are stained with orange, cut and callused, so I'd figure we would take a break. I plan on making Mills a pumpkin carving pro, but for now, we're still working on saying, "trick-or-treat!"
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The love of our lives was born on 8.13.09 and is the light of our lives. Mills is our happy, busy, typical little boy, who never slows down. He is a huge fan of Moose and Zee, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse and loves playing with his "big-brother-dog," Joey. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at this precious miracle given to us by God and sit in awe.










1 comment:
I think I may need to take some pumpkin carving lessons from you! ADORABLE!!! Just wait until we carve ours this week, you will be in for a good laugh:)
Post a Comment