So, I'm a couple days behind on posting this, but hey, life is busy! In just four short months, Mills, we will be celebrating your 2nd birthday. Didn't we just bring you home from the hospital yesterday? Here is what you're up to, sweet boy!
- New words and phrases: boat, turtle, outside "side" (and you point to the door), ride, upstairs "stairs", "Joey, no!" "Awwww puppy," truck, Shhhhhh (and your put your finger to your mouth while tip-toeing), Jesus (Ceesus), More "moah", choo choo (when we see the train), pizza, "ketti" (spaghetti). "I did it!"...among a lot more things, but we can't always understand you.
- You are starting to learn to blow. You blow your food when its "hot!" or when its not (you observe your mommy very well), you try to blow bubbles, even though most of the time you end up touching the wand to your mouth first (yuck), and you even try blowing your nose.
- You are VERY strong-willed. Your daddy and I are trying to figure out just how to deal with it. Any advice from friends would be gladly appreciated. ha! You have a temper and can throw yourself in the floor and get mad with the best of them, and you go limp like a dish rag when I attempt to deter you from doing something that you shouldn't be doing, but your sweet side is the sweetest of all. When we tell you not to do something, you do it. Testing! Testing! 1-2-3. We could just squeeze you to pieces. Nothing melts mommy's heart more than when you hug me, pat my back and say "awwwww," followed by a kiss.
- Just a few weeks ago, you managed to put your pajama top on all by yourself. Wow! I know it sounds crazy to think that it is some sort of huge accomplishment, but to me, it is. Anything new is always an accomplishment to me.
- You are constantly moving. You go from one thing to the next and never stop. Every time I turn around, you are getting into something. I feel horrible because I feel like you are going to think that your name is, "NO!" I am hoping that this is just a 20 month old boy thing...or just a boy thing for that matter, and not a sign of over hyperactivity. Someone please reassure me!
- Sirens: you think they are cool! Every time we are out playing and an ambulance, police car, or fire truck passes, you smile really big, watch, and clap. That's a good thing. I would hate for you not to like fire trucks. Daddy wouldn't be too pleased either. You also say "whoo whoo" when you see a train.
- You have become a puzzle pro. Your daddy taught you how to match each piece to it's proper place. The wooden peg puzzles have been wonderful. You can now put each animal or piece or transportation etc. exactly where it goes. :) Just another new accomplishment that we are proud of.
- Clothes: You've moved on up to a 24m/2T in most things, although I am still getting 18m things in a few items. Shoes: two weeks ago I bought you your first pair of size 5 sandals, and a size 5.5 in your new tennis shoes. I thought your foot had stopped growing, but obviously not.

No comments:
Post a Comment