Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Is it Friday Yet?


Yes, I am counting down already, and yes my work week goes by extremely fast. It has been a wild day. My poor mother managed to twist her ankle this morning before work, but instead of icing it down and going straight to the Dr. she opted for going on to school and walking on it which later resulted in a trip to the ER! She didn't call me to let me know, but the school nurse managed to call me and tell me against my mother's will! They thought there was a great possibility of it being broke. Luckily, it was almost time for my 2 hour lunch break, so I managed to escape from the office a few minutes early for a quick drive to the hospital...only to find her lying there in severe pain. Poor Mom! I felt so bad and didn't know what to do. I know its an emergency room and there are other patients there, but I was just wanting someone to help her, and I wanted help right then. After the Dr. finally came with the news of a severe sprain and no broken bones, I had to drive her home. (shot of Demerol = no driving) We managed to get her prescriptions filled along with a pair of crutches, get lunch, and make it to Garland all within 2 hours, just in time for me to get back to work at 1:00. Erik and I went and rescued her car from the hospital parking lot and took her supper tonight. She is feeling much better, but can't walk on it. I think she hates those crutches, huh mom? Get Well Soon!!!!


post signature

2 comments:

Christi said...

Bless her heart! Hope that ankle is better soon. It's hard to be out of commision.

nicole said...

Oh no! I hope she gets better soon.