Do you have a Christmas pickle? Well, we do! I had always heard of this old German tradition, and thought it would be neat and nostalgic to have a pickle hidden in our tree. Although we have no children, I thought it would be neat that just maybe some day we will, and we can have a hunt for the pickle on Christmas morning. Erik's mother gave me this pickle a few years ago, and guess what! Its a Radko. I was so excited, because I had been wanting a Christmas pickle for my tree, and had no idea that Christopher Radko even made one. Erik's mom had never even heard of the tradition, but she thought he was cute and decided to buy it. He has the cutest rosy cheeks and the brightest eyes. Although this pickle will NOT be touched, it will still be fun to hunt. Funny thing is...according to research the German's have never even heard of this tradition, but oh well! I owe all of my other Radko ornament purchase thank yous to my mom. She has given us about 15 and I love them!!! Joey even has a few of his own.
Christmas Pickle Poem
“To start a tradition that surely will last. Here’s a short story about the pickle of glass. The night before Christmas it’s hung on the tree. While everyone’s sleeping it’s done secretly. And on Christmas morning when you arise. The first one to find it will get a surprise.”

The love of our lives was born on 8.13.09 and is the light of our lives. Mills is our happy, busy, typical little boy, who never slows down. He is a huge fan of Moose and Zee, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse and loves playing with his "big-brother-dog," Joey. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at this precious miracle given to us by God and sit in awe.








4 comments:
that is really cool; i am going to see if i can find or creatively make a pickle ornament. since steve's family or at least the name is part german; it would be neat to include that with our holiday traditions.
I wanna pickle!! LOL!
We do a pickle at my mom's house. I have won 3 years in a row!!!!
We have a pickle! My grandmother gave each of the grandkids a pickle ornament for our trees. I love this tradition.
Post a Comment