Thursday, June 4, 2009

Today, Tomorrow and so on...

ems low glucose Pictures, Images and Photos

Tomorrow I go for my 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Keep your fingers crossed! I have been on a so-called "diet" since Tuesday morning, which has been nothing but the 2000 calorie diet that we should all be following on a daily basis anyway. So, this diet isn't really different than our normal eating habits, but knowing that I can't have something that I want has been mind blowing. It's mental, I know! I would so love a piece of chocolate cake or something sweet right now, but it's 9:30 and I am not allowed to eat after 9:00. Besides, I couldn't have chocolate cake anyway, right? And, I'm skipping Chick-fil-A for breakfast. Hopefully that was the cause of my elevated blood sugar. Go ahead. Say it! What were you thinking!? I wasn't. That's just the thing! lol This whole "fasting" thing is not fun. I am going to starve by the time I get out of the doctor's office!
Today I have been working on the nursery a bit. It (the painting) should be finished in a couple of days. Striping the walls = lots of work and time. Thanks to my wonderful hubby for taping off the lines and to Christi for her handiwork at painting! The baby's furniture is in, so we will be picking it up in a few days. I am too excited! Shame on me for not taking before and after pictures. Again, what was I thinking? I will be posting the end painting result in a few days, so stay tuned. Until then...good night! Mommy has to get some rest for tomorrow's long boring day.

Smiles to you all!
post signature

1 comment:

Suzie Q said...

Good luck today!! I passed my test on Wednesday, so hopefully you'll do the same...I'll be thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed! This drink is TWICE as sugary as the last, so prepare yourself :)