
Monday, December 14, 2009
Our Little Sleepy Head
Last night after I put Mills down, I did a few things around the house and finally got in bed around 10:00. Erik so graciously offered to "tend" to the baby and feed him during the night if he should wake, so that I could get some MUCH NEEDED sleep! So, I took him up on his offer. When my alarm clock went off this morning, I sat up, got out of bed, only to realize that I had not gotten up all night, and neither had E. I reached for the monitor and our little Mills was still asleep. I turned the volume up just to make sure that he was breathing! LOL I couldn't hear him, so I quietly opened the door. We sleep in the loft upstairs on the otherside of the wall with a video monitor, and the air return is right beside us and the door to his nursery. It wakes him if it comes on so I keep the door closed. As I walked over to his crib, there he is, sleeping soundly. I could hear his sweet little breaths, and so I turned around, tip-toed out and closed the door, leaving he and his daddy to rest. WOW! I think I've been outsmarted! If E hadn't offered to tend to the baby, I would have probably been up 1000 times last night. Maybe I should tell him he can take charge again tonight. I can only wish, but after taking advice from a wonderful pediatrician friend of ours, we know that he can sleep all night now and so its time to start letting him cry if he wakes in the middle of the night. Boot camp has begun! Wish us luck...maybe we won't need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The love of our lives was born on 8.13.09 and is the light of our lives. Mills is our happy, busy, typical little boy, who never slows down. He is a huge fan of Moose and Zee, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse and loves playing with his "big-brother-dog," Joey. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at this precious miracle given to us by God and sit in awe.








3 comments:
Uh oh...here comes your first dose of "tough love." Good luck - it may be horrible, it may be easy...but not matter what, it will certainly be worth it! I've got my fingers crossed for easy!
i was never very good at that! good luck!
Boot Camp is so hard but worth it....with Kyle we let him "cry" it out and I would cry it out on the backporch. However, we lost our senses and didn't do that with Chase...Big Mistake. He can't console himself back to sleep yet; he will be 19 months old tomorrow!
Post a Comment