Monday, June 14, 2010

Beach Day 4

A lazy day for us, we took it a little easy today, as we were exhausted from day 3. We have learned that hauling a 10 month old, along with all of his gear and ours, out to the sand, can be quite a chore, especially when nap time rolls around, and it is near triple digit temperatures. You know its hot, when someone tells you that their nephew's crocs melted in the car.


Mills took a good long nap this morning, as did I. We ate lunch, then headed down to the pool for some floating. Our little man loves his float and pool toys. We are looking forward to the day when Mills can walk and run around the beach without us having to "tote" him every where. The kids have been crab hunting at night and I love sitting on the balcony watching them. I told Erik that I can't wait until Mills will be able to do the same. There are just so many things a child can do here, but Mills is still way too young for any of them. We have been very patient with our little guy, and have lovingly catered to his wants and needs as a baby this week. We have enjoyed every minute of it, even though he has wearing us out-ha! He has been a chatter-box this week, and has learned to wave..finally. We even spotted tooth #3 coming in. So, I'm glad we brought the Tylenol and teething tablets.






Enjoying time on the balcony


The beach clean up crews were here this morning cleaning up tarballs at the edge of the water. The beaches are still beautiful and no one is afraid to go into the water, but unfortunately, the parking lot here is looking more and more desolate every day. When we arrived on Friday, it was packed, but today, there are tons of parking spaces and the condo and business owners here are in fear. It is so sad.



Tonight we were in for a little something "yummy" for dinner. We spotted a billboard advertising a Japanese Steakhouse (*of course one of our favs) and so we headed back in to town for some sushi and surf & turf. Mills enjoyed the peas from my fried rice, along with a few carrots. I also gave him a little bit of rice and some of my steak and chicken. He LOVED the steak! I couldn't pull it into smaller bites fast enough. He was rather excited, but impatient for the next bite.




post signature

No comments: