Friday, June 18, 2010

Finally Home

We are home, unpacked, and Mills is in the bed...unhappy I should add. We woke up this morning at our usual time, after going to bed late last night. I had a little accident in which a very large item from our pantry dropped on my right middle toe. I went to bed in major pain with a feeling of 1000s of needles sticking in my toe. This morning, I woke up, still in pain, with a very swollen purple toe. Erik said that it may be broken, but what can you do for a broken toe? Nothing! Luckily the closer we got home today, the swelling has started to subside, and I can put a tiny bit of pressure on it. So, it may be that it is just brusied....VERY BADLY! All I kept thinking was, "How am I going to put a shoe on?" "How am I going to walk up and down the stairs when we get home?" Seriously, I can't tell you how bad it hurt. I would have like to have passed out!



I can't tell you how glad I am that we are home. A week away from home with a 10 month old can be challenging, but we did have fun. I am just ready to get back in to routine. It was nice walking in to a clean house with luggage full of clean clothes that only had to be removed and hung in the closets. Now, I can sit down, relax, and enjoy the comfort of my own living room.


post signature

No comments: