More storms rolled through last night, but thankfully, our town was barely missed by the worst of it. We had a lot of wind, and rain, but through it all, I could still look out our front door and see the sun. For hours, I kept tuned into the television watching for any major threats in our immediate community. As I remember from this morning's news report, I believe there were 80+ tornadoes that touched down.
At one point I was watching the radar, there was a report of "something" between our house and the town nearest south to us. I believe it was a hail storm, but you know that I had to just go out and see what I could see. Yeah, that's right, go look for a tornado, Amy! Actually, at that point (here), the sun was shining, and it was raining a good steady shower, but as I looked southeast of here, it was very dark. The clouds looked rather spooky. Mills was with me as I stood out on our back porch, only to see the local ducks who reside on the lake/pond behind us, waddling up the cart path. I think they were trying to find shelter from the storm. As soon as they saw Mills and me, here they came! Yep, up on our patio, and the porch. They are becoming more domesticated as the days pass. No doubt! Mills was ecstatic! He saw them, began waving as hard as he could yelling, "Heeeeeey!" Then, he started in with "whack whack." (quack quack) He loves animals, and this made his day. Our neighbors feed these ducks, and so as I was caught up in the moment of Mills' excitement, we ran inside and grabbed a couple of pieces of bread for them, then they hurried back to their pond.
This morning, they were back! Oops! Hope we haven't started something. These are actually three out of the five ducks that live behind us. There are 4 mallards (three drakes, and the other, we call her "mama") and one little wood duck. Only these three came to visit this morning.
The love of our lives was born on 8.13.09 and is the light of our lives. Mills is our happy, busy, typical little boy, who never slows down. He is a huge fan of Moose and Zee, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse and loves playing with his "big-brother-dog," Joey. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at this precious miracle given to us by God and sit in awe.








No comments:
Post a Comment