We finally settled on baby bedding. After all of the "hullaballoo," it all came down to what we see our baby sleeping in. I had picked out the most beautiful custom made bedding ever, but every time I would look at it, I just couldn't see our precious baby boy asleep on polka dots, stripes, and paisley, especially when he gets 2 or 3 years old. Yes, "Mrs. Picky" turned down the $$$ custom made monogrammed bedding for Pottery Barn's SWEETEST LITTLE MONKEY BEDDING EVER! Our little monkey is going to look adorable sleeping in his crib. So, I went ahead and ordered his curtains (only because they went on clearance), and managed to find the matching monkey on ebay (pottery barn no longer carries it.)
We completed our Babies R' Us registry yesterday after a long afternoon of shopping for baby furniture. By the way, none of you told me that doing so would make our heads hurt! In the beginning I had in mind what I wanted and was bound and determined to get it, but the price of baby furniture is RIDICULOUS and we were not about to spend $3000 on baby furniture. No way Jose! I love the look of an old traditional baby bed. We are not planning on converting it to a full size bed, so we were on the lookout for the less expensive kind that would convert to a toddler bed only, and still have enough on budget to by a dresser and chest of drawers. So the winner from Baby Time was....
"The Annabelle"
Last but not least- I have been eyeing baby's bassinet/travel crib for months. After finding it on SALE with free shipping (Yipee!) today, she had to be ordered! LOL! Of course I had to be difficult at wanting to find a simple one that didn't cost an arm and a leg, have too many gadgets, or look too "themey". The pack n' plays nowadays come with a changing topper, music and vibrations, and a light. I however do not need all of that, so I found the perfect one online a few months ago. Sweet, simple, and SMALL! I can't wait :)
Graco Travel Lite crib in "Rittenhouse"
P.S. I am wanting to know all of your "Mommy's favorites." If theres anything you think I should need. PLEASE, tell me tell me!!!

The love of our lives was born on 8.13.09 and is the light of our lives. Mills is our happy, busy, typical little boy, who never slows down. He is a huge fan of Moose and Zee, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse and loves playing with his "big-brother-dog," Joey. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at this precious miracle given to us by God and sit in awe.








3 comments:
I know how you feel registering was crazy for us....just too many choices!! We got our crib @ Burlington coat factories "baby depot". Anyways.....everyone I know says you definetely need a BOPPY pillow..so I registered. Might be something you wanna check out! Im doing my shower June 6th..we have already started the planning...any idea when you are having yours?? :)
Hmmmm, lots of "must haves." Probably my most used things were the video baby monitor (still using it!,) my Medella Pump in Style (lifesaver!!!,)my exersaucer, and my Graco Quatro Tour Travel System. I'd say these are definitely the things I used the longest! (oh, and pappies!)
They have the cutest diaper bag at Racine's that would kind of match the bedding. But the only thing is that it is red with like a "Circus" theme to it. But it is adorable! And I think I seen you at Wal-Mart the other day!
Post a Comment