Saturday, August 15, 2009
Baby Update
It is Saturday night, and we are still at the hospital. Mills is so perfect and we are so proud. I keep telling Erik that he's the best thing I've ever laid my eyes on. We can't believe that he is here. He has been such a good baby. Although today has been trying. He was circumcised this morning and we just now got him to sleep with out screaming his head off. He was so helpless and I felt so bad for him. I am still in allot of pain and feel like theres nothing I can do. I am walking the halls about 4 times a day, but getting out of bed is absolutely the most painful thing I've ever endured. No kidding! My baby boy is so worth it, but for those of you who told me that a C-section is the "way to go," I would have to say that I am in total disagreement! LOL I can hardly walk and can hardly help Erik with the baby and it saddens me. His "feedings" are getting better every day. It has been a total learning process, but the nurses here have been wonderful. We are coming home tomorrow. We've stayed as long as we could, because we felt like the longer we have help, the better, and yes, we have sent Mills to the nursery so that we could rest. Erik has been a wonderful nurse. In fact, he has been too good. You all should see him with Mills. It is remarkable! Having to take care of the two of us has been hard on him I'm sure, but he has done a wonderful job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The love of our lives was born on 8.13.09 and is the light of our lives. Mills is our happy, busy, typical little boy, who never slows down. He is a huge fan of Moose and Zee, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse and loves playing with his "big-brother-dog," Joey. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at this precious miracle given to us by God and sit in awe.








5 comments:
Hey guys I tried to call you today... I am praying for you and I will lay hard on the prayers as you make the transition to home as a family of 4.....
I may get to come to Covington alone next weekend so I will definitely come and see you if you are up for company.... I love you all!!!
And HEY ofcourse he is perfect- Every good and perfect gift comes from above!!!
Congrats Amy, he is a perfect baby. Kelly kept me updated, you would have thought it was her delivering lol..Congrats..
I still remember how bad it hurt to get out of bed the first few times. I promise it gets better the more you do it. And, you will feel better when you get home in your own surroundings. Let us know if you need anything. Mills is truly precious!
They told me to take the pain medicine and stay ahead of it. I tried to do that as much as possible the first few days. Don't overdue it. By this time next week, you'll feel much better. Promise!!!
You are discovering the 'daddy' in Erik, very cool!!
I had two sections...and yep the first few days really stink...daddy can really shine at this time...LET HIM!! :)
Post a Comment